Current & upcoming
Spring 2017: THE FENCE | United Photo Industries
I am a member of the jury for this year's THE FENCE, an outdoor photo exhibition in Brooklyn and six other major cities. Submit here.
Flash Forward 2017
April 2017: New York Portfolio Review
It's free! Apply to join The Times and editors from publications around the world at the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism.
March 2017: Edit, Sequence and Promote Your Photographs
Learn to select, sequence and publish visual stories. I'm speaking at this weekend-long workshop, hosted by James Estrin.
More on what I do:
- NYT: NYT Archives on Instagram: A Lighthearted Look Into Our Past
- PetaPixel: The Social Photo Editor for The New York Times Breaks Down Her Job
- NYT: The Photos You Liked in 2016
- Photo Brigade: Photo Brigade Podcast #117 with Kerri MacDonald
- Nieman Lab: How 3 publishers are using Instagram stories for visually compelling storytelling
- Donald R. Reynolds Journalism Institute: What is a social media photo editor?
- National Geographic Voices: So You Want to be Successful on Instagram?
- Photo Brigade: Navigating and Editing the Changing Photographic Landscape
- NYT: An Instagram Walkabout in the Bronx
- journalism.co.uk: 'It's important to let yourself fall down the rabbit hole' – Q&A with Kerri MacDonald
- Digiday: Inside the New York Times Instagram Strategy
- NYT: For The Times, a New Beginning on Instagram