Current & upcoming events
Friday, Sept. 15, 2017: Photoville
An Evening With The New York Times: NYT photographers and editors will share highlights from our photographic coverage this year. The presentation will include selections from a project I co-edited, “America Today, in Vision and Verse,” which paired photographers and poets.
Up Now: THE FENCE | United Photo Industries
Flash Forward 2017
I'm on the jury for the 13th photography competition hosted by the Magenta Foundation. A selected Flash Forward artist will have their work exhibited during Capture Photo Festival (May 2017) and photos will be exhibited as part of the Flash Forward Group Show in Toronto (Fall 2017).
April 2017: New York Portfolio Review
It's free! Apply to join The Times and editors from publications around the world at the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism.
March 2017: Edit, Sequence and Promote Your Photographs
Learn to select, sequence and publish visual stories. I'm speaking at this weekend-long workshop, hosted by James Estrin.
More on what I do:
- NYT: NYT Archives on Instagram: A Lighthearted Look Into Our Past
- PetaPixel: The Social Photo Editor for The New York Times Breaks Down Her Job
- NYT: The Photos You Liked in 2016
- Photo Brigade: Photo Brigade Podcast #117 with Kerri MacDonald
- Nieman Lab: How 3 publishers are using Instagram stories for visually compelling storytelling
- Donald R. Reynolds Journalism Institute: What is a social media photo editor?
- National Geographic Voices: So You Want to be Successful on Instagram?
- Photo Brigade: Navigating and Editing the Changing Photographic Landscape
- NYT: An Instagram Walkabout in the Bronx
- journalism.co.uk: 'It's important to let yourself fall down the rabbit hole' – Q&A with Kerri MacDonald
- Digiday: Inside the New York Times Instagram Strategy
- NYT: For The Times, a New Beginning on Instagram